This is a preview. To continue reading, register for free access now. Register Now or Log in

How to File an Unfair Labor Practice Charge With the NLRB

Author: Scott E. Schaffer, Schaffer Law, LLC

Under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), employees, unions, and employers may file unfair labor practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) when they believe a violation of the NLRA has been committed. While commonly thought of as a union-management law, the NLRA also covers non-union employers affected by union activity, as well as non-union employees engaged in concerted, protected activity. Therefore, non-union employers can also file charges with the NLRB, or be the subject of a charge.